Dr. Jennifer Idoni
- Education –
The Pennsylvania State University – BS in Life Science
- Nova Southeastern University College of Optometry – BS in Vision Science and Doctor of Optometry
- Southern College of Optometry – Residency in Pediatrics and Vision Therapy
- Specialty/Expertise –
- Special needs populations, Pediatrics, Vision Therapy .
- When did you know that you wanted to be an optometrist –
- My first eye exam was in 2nd grade and I cried from the start. I was prescribed glasses that would have been life changing at the time but refused to wear any for 5 more years. Although it would be reasonable to think I wasn’t a fan of the optometrist, it was at that memorable exam that I decided I wanted to be a pediatric optometrist.
- Favorite part of being an optometrist –
- I love having the opportunity to make an impact on the functional vision and quality of life of patients with special needs!
- Favorite vacation –
- Disney World! We go every year for the Idoni family marathon weekend. I’ve run the Goofy Challenge (half marathon Saturday, full marathon Sunday) the past 6 marathon weekends.
- Favorite concert you’ve been to –
- I don’t go to a lot of concerts, but my favorite live show was Tap Dogs.
- Fun fact –
- I’ve played on adult kickball, softball, wiffle ball, flag football, basketball, soccer, dodgeball and bowling teams. I choreographed for the Penn State Tap Dance company in college and joined a running team after graduation. I really like team sports!